You are here
Candidates needed to build a prominent $60m Project through 2019
Company has Full backlog of projects through 2022
About Our Client
Our Client is a San Diego Based Developer and General Contractor that specializes in Multifamily and Hospitality construction throughout the Southern California region. Working closely with major national hotel brands such as Hyatt and Hilton, they have a backlog of projects through 2022.
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for the overall leadership, planning and coordination of the construction project. Working closely with Project Managers and with safety and quality always at the forefront, this position will oversee all site staff and sub-contractors to effectively manage the daily on-site activities to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract, schedule and budget.
- Record and maintain information and produce reports such as personnel, production, project logs, status and other operational data.
- Monitor the project schedule and budget and work with Superintendents to maintain and update. Coordinate with subcontractor for recovery plans where necessary. Meet regularly with staff and subcontracts to discuss progress, obstacles, challenges and assist in removing barriers to completing work.
- Coordinate and manage daily operational objectives, timelines, and goals.
- Read construction documents to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Lead Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and other field staff to execute work; build relationships and communicate expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, policies and standards.
- Mentor and develop employees.
- Manage the safety of job sites by actively walking the site, participating in inspections, training and meeting with staff and subcontractors regularly.
- Monitor the overall progress of project and work site, review processes and practices within the team to ensure consistency, efficiency and quality of delivery.
The Successful Applicant
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate's degree in a related field and 7+ years of increasingly responsible Project Superintendent-related experience.
- The ideal candidate has worked in a Lead or Senior Superintendent capacity and is a proven leader capable of taking complete ownership of projet status.
- Must be able to work in Los Angeles County.
- Experience in any of the following disciplines required: Multi-Family, Healthcare, or Science & Technology
- Preference will be given to candidates with multi-story podium and/or parking garage experience
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary in accordance with project experience
- Membership into company ESOP program (effective immediately)
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Fully paid benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Project Backlog in Los Angeles area extends through to 2022