You are here
Senior Tax Accountant
Public Accounting Experience a Plus
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly traded health and nutrition company based in Orange County NY with global operations.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to coordinate, monitor and review U.S. Income Tax compliance outsourcing activities to ensure timely and accurate filing of corporate income and franchise tax returns
- Prepare quarterly and annual estimated payments and extension payments.
- Prepare property tax returns
- Prepare sales/use tax returns
- Assist with federal and state corporate tax, sales and use tax audits and preparation of information requested by tax authorities
- Perform tax research on various federal, state and international tax issues and prepare memos as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed, including coordination with other departments and foreign offices
- Monitor all tax calendars to ensure all due dates and requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, assist with related disclosures, test deferred tax balances and reconcile tax filings to the tax provision.
- Prepare journal entries as required
- Provide variance analysis (estimated payments v. prior periods, annualized income v. forecast)
- Peer review of accounting staff member work as needed
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger account balances
- Prepare expense account analysis as needed
- Supply external audit team with information and analysis for annual audits and quarterly reviews as required
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- CPA License preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant tax experience in public accounting and/or large corporation tax department
- Experience with the preparation and consolidation of federal and state income tax returns; US International compliance a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.