You are here
Senior Tax Accountant
Based in Portland
About Our Client
My client is a provider of finanical services and information management services to the United States commercial and government vehicle fleet industry.They operate internationally and have revenues around $1b. They're are based in Portland, Maine.
Reporting into the Tax Manager and Tax Director, the Tax Accountant role is responsible for gathering, reconciling, tracking and maintaining the financial information used in the preparation of state, Federal and international tax returns, estimates and extensions including, but not limited to, income, franchise and net worth taxes.
The Tax Accountant is also responsible for assisting in the preparation of the FAS109 calculation(s), financial statement disclosures and forecasted tax rates. Included in these responsibilities is the reconciliation and analytical review of the tax accounts, maintenance of all book/tax differences for compliance with GAAP and tax law as well as incorporating the tax impacts of business changes into the calculations.
The role will also be responsible for conduciting special studies and participates in projects requiring as dictated by needs of the business. Responsible for completion of work within established due dates in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
More information will be provided upon application.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA (preferred but not essential)
- Minimum of 4 years tax related experience required
What's on Offer
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 23 days PTO in addition to 10 days paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision
- Matching 401K up to 6%, vests immediately (after 1 year of service)
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $ 5,000 / annum
- Parental leave of 6 full weeks, for either parent.