You are here
Senior Tax Accountant
Leading real estate company
Excellent work/life balance
About Our Client
Create and maintain long-range (5-10 year) tax projection model for the Company and its subsidiaries.
Prepare workpapers required to prepare federal, state and local income tax returns for various business entities.
Track filing obligations of each of the Company's entities, to ensure that the Company is filing all required returns in each applicable jurisdiction.
Project federal and state taxable income on a quarterly basis so that estimates taxes are timely paid.
Maintain tax files in a highly organized fashion, referencing all workpapers back to source documents.
Ensure compliance with REIT rules by performing quarterly asset tests and annual income tests.
Sends shareholder demand letters to applicable shareholders, and tracks responses to the letters
The Successful Applicant
- Superb Excel skills are a must.
- Bachelor's degree required/Advanced degree in Taxation preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in Tax Department of public accounting firm is preferred
- Experience with REIT/real estate and partnership tax issues preferred.
- Proficient in the use of depreciation and tax preparation software
- Attention to detail.
- Personable, able to deal within the framework of a large organization and work with others as a team player.
- Must be intelligent, highly organized, motivated, self-starter.
What's on Offer
Commensurate on experience