You are here
Senior Tax Analyst - Corporate Reporting
Life Sciences firm
Listed on the NYSE
About Our Client
This publicly traded life sciences firm is a global medical technology leader. They operate in over 50 countries across the world.
The Senior Analyst will prepare and review the company's tax returns as well as provide support for tax planning, analysis and reporting. This role is predominantly focused on US domestic tax reporting, and may have exposure to US international reporting.
- Review/Prepare US federal and state income tax and informational returns (prepared in a paperless environment using various software), including all calculations of book/tax differences. Ensure all files are adequately supported in anticipation of IRS audit and internal SOX review.
- Review/Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 calculations for the company's domestic operations using OneSource Tax Provision and OneSource Workflow Manager software.
- Perform tax research regarding issues affecting the company. Ensure all tax positions taken on the return are well documented and supported in memos for the files.
- Supervise the work of tax analyst(s) in the Tax Reporting Group. Train, mentor, and develop tax analyst(s).
- Develop and maintain relationships with others in the tax department and the broader finance organization in order to facilitate information gathering and increase one's own understanding of business policies, and corporate initiatives and their tax impact.
- Assist the management team with the preparation of special projects related to corporate initiatives, legislative proposals, acquisition and/or divestiture modeling, and other ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours.
The Successful Applicant
- BS degree in Accounting required; CPA and/or MST a plus
- 3-5+ years of related work experience in public accounting and/or large corporate tax environment
- Working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with CorpTax, OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource Workflow Manager a plus
- Proficient computer skills, specifically MS Excel and Word
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Adaptable to changing business needs and organizational structure
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and communication (written and verbal) skills
What's on Offer
- $ 80,000 - $ 90,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Work/ life balance arrangements (summer hours and flexible work arrangements)
- 6% 401K match with immediate vesting
- Free transportation from various Boston locations