You are here
Senior Technical Accountant - Manufacturing
Experience in a Big 4 or Big 8 Accounting Firm
Excellent Career advancement and progression internally
About Our Client
Our Client is a manufacturer that is headquartered in Massachusetts. The company has manufacturing facilities across the globe, including in the United States, Germany, Russia, and Italy. The products and materials they manufacture are used in a variety of different applications. These include, medical applications, biotechnology, materials processing, and even telecommunications.
- Support the Assistant Corporate Controller and the Director of Financial Reporting in assessing financial reporting risks.
- Perform GAAP research and work with U.S. and foreign Finance teams to understand accounting practices.
- Assist in evaluating of the impact of the new revenue recognition standard on each of the company's subsidiaries and work with the business to implement. Update the Company's revenue recognition policy and footnote disclosures to comply with the new standard. Help formulate training plan and materials to educate Finance and Sales employees about the standard.
- Proactively build relationships within the various teams, including international controllers, U.S. Finance team, Sales, Purchasing, Legal, and IT.
- Perform equity-based compensation accounting activities during the close process, including preparing journal entries.
- Participate in the preparation and review of the quarterly and annual financial statements and other reporting.
- Periodically assist internal audit with developing testing plans and evaluating internal control effectiveness.
- Coordinate with external auditors and internal resources to ensure timely and accurate delivery of audit schedules. Work with external auditors on understanding the audit approach and determining the most effective and efficient way to meet testing requirements.
- Ad-hoc projects including: business combinations, derivatives, warranty provisions, and system implementations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the Senior Technical Accountant - Manufacturing role should have a background that encompasses the following:
- 3-4 years of public accounting experience with a Big 4 or national public accounting firm.
- Financial reporting experience pertaining to large, multi-national organizations focusing on manufacturing or technology.
- SEC experience a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Master's degree preferred.
- CPA required
Skills and Ability:
- Ideal candidate will display an ability to frame and evaluate complex issues quickly and possess strong problem resolution and communication skills.
- Eager to learn and build skill set around financial reporting and technical accounting.
- 5% to 10% travel is required. Additional travel may be needed for significant projects.
What's on Offer
The Senior Technical Accountant - Manufacturing will receive offers that include the following but aren't limited to:
- Great PTO Package
- 401k Match of Roughly 3% to 6%
- 10 National Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO and 5 personal days
- Exposure to Company Leadership
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 10% bonus
This is a brief outline of their package. Additional benefits and motivators will be provided based on experience and skill sets. Successful applicant's should apply below for consideration within 48 hours.