You are here
Senior Test Engineer
- A growing world-class Aerospace company located near Hauppauge, Long Island
- Hiring a Senior Test Engineer with a strong technical background in aerospace
About Our Client
Located near beautiful Hauppauge, NY in Long Island, our client it part of an S&P 500 organization, is one of the most recommended stocks to buy in the aerospace industry and was ranked top 50 on both Forbes 2015 List of Most Innovative Companies AND Fortune's 2013 of Fastest Growing Manufacturing Companies.
If you are looking to be a part a phenomenal organization, for job stability as well as endless opportunities to progress your career than this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical leadership role within the Test Engineering department to solve technical challenges or problems or to bring new technical capability
- Responsible for presenting, both written and oral, communication of test stand design, test results and project status to all levels within the organization.
- Perform design and debug of innovative automatic test, manual test hardware and software that allows for future development and growth.
- Develop creative approaches that favorably optimize design trade offs for various elements of a design; such as test system cost, performance, feature set, time to implementation, and technical risk.
- Contribute technical input to product specifications to ensure the product design includes specifications and features that facilitate efficient and effective testability of the product.
- Develop plans, schedules, and identify resources required to develop test systems for production requirements and design engineering evaluations.
- Identify risk areas and develop contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could result in schedule delays or failure to meet specification or design plan requirements.
- Coordinate test related activities with internal and external groups.
- Conceive methods for achieving test system requirements and specifications.
- Research new equipment, methods and techniques and implement changes to provide cost effective test solutions.
- Mentor, coach, direct and train less senior engineers and technicians.
- Perform failure analysis investigations during new product development and in support of manufacturing.
- Provide feedback and/or specific recommendations to facilitate product improvement.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Senior Test Engineer will have the following background:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Graduate degree desirable.
- Seven or more years related engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and present technical information appropriately targeted to meet the needs of audiences at all levels, including highly technical to non-technical, in both written and verbal forms.
- Good understanding of the testing of analog/mixed signal products
- Experience testing critical, small signal circuitry and measurement noise elimination techniques.
- Competency in programming with high level languages (e.g., C/C++ or Visual Basic.)
- Solid understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals, design for test and manufacturing concepts.
- Strong programming skills for writing and debugging test programs.
- Able to work with test equipment (e.g., oscilloscope, logic analyzer)
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package, great benefits and unlimited opportunities to progress your career within an S&P 500 organization!
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE AND OFFERED TO CANDIDATES WHO ARE NOT LOCAL!