You are here
Senior Test Engineer
Global eletronics manufacturing company located in New Jersey
Looking for a Senior Test Engineer with LabVIEW/NI Alliance experience
About Our Client
A global electronics manufacturing company located in the Parsippany, NJ area
The Senior Test Engineer will have the following job responsibilities -
- Informs Manufacturing Engineering Manager of project status, problems, accomplishments and plans on a regular basis.
- Analyzes new designs for testability. Recommends circuit and firmware enhancements to improve testability.
- Develops and documents test plans for all new modules and systems.
- Designs test fixtures, including electronic circuitry where needed, and manages the construction of test fixtures.
- Develops and debugs automated testing scripts in LabVIEW and Visual Basic. Could use C++ or C# as an alternate method.
- Prepares and maintains written test procedures in accordance with ISO9001.
- Capable of working in basic business support systems (i.e. SAP).
- Support the manufacturing floor shipping objectives by attending to testing issues.
- Provides specialized technician training for testing which may include formal classroom training.
- Helps technicians improve troubleshooting skills through use of diagnostics.
- Develops and implements plans to reduce pre-test times and increase test integrity.
- Maintains test fixtures in accordance with ISO9001 standards.
- Utilizes junior level employees and test technicians in the maintenance and development of procedures and fixtures
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate will have the following background and experience:
- BSEE with ten plus years of experience developing diagnostics software and hardware for a manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be result oriented.
- Strong working knowledge of programming languages required (C++, C# and/or Visual Basic).
- Significant experience with LabVIEW required.
- Experience with testing of surface mount electronic circuit board assemblies.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation packages, great benefits and growth opportunities within a leading electronics company!