You are here
Senior Vice President of Procurement
Nice to have: Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
Experience working in research and/or intellectual capital organization
About Our Client
The SVP of Procurement& Sourcing is responsible for establishing and implementing organizational objectives, strategic plans, policies and operational processes; evaluating programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effecting changes for continual improvement. Leads a management team that oversees all Procurement and Property Asset Management operational functions including contract negotiations and administration for Goods, Services, Technology, R&D and Facilities; a Procurement Card Program, an eCommerce System, and Property Asset Management and Quality Assurance functions.
- Provides leadership, strategic planning, management and direction of daily operations, and assurance for the Procurement and Property Management Department
- Oversees all Procurement and Property Asset Management operations including contract negotiations and administration for Goods, Services, Technology, R&D and Facilities; a Procurement Card Program, an eCommerce System, and Property Asset Management and Quality Assurance functions. Develops and executes acquisition strategies to establish and sustain contractual agreements with suppliers through cooperative relationships
- Recruits, manages and leads managers and staff with the skills to maintain a high-quality organization. Trains and develops staff to enhance skills, accountability, adaptability and capability to work individually and in teams
- Develops, maintains and executes procurement and property management policies, procedures and systems
- Applies knowledge of federal acquisition requirements (FAR) to ensure the procurement and property management functions are implemented effectively
- Maintains an effective assurance program covering policies, systems, training, quality and contract assurance activities, in order to identify and manage risks, monitor and analyze performance, and identify opportunities for improvement. Assures the integrity of the procurement and property management systems through continued review of internal controls, effective self-assessments and successful audits.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience leading, a multi-channel procurement organization with functions such as Sourcing, Contracting, eCommerce, Procurement Card program and purchasing transaction management, purchasing policies and procedures and supplier management. Ability to successfully manage a Federal Small Business supplier program. Knowledge of Procurement methodologies and current/emerging practices.
- Strong leadership and management skills and proven track record of delivering consistent, high quality services in a high volume, fast paced and demanding environment. Demonstrated ability to balance customer needs with regulatory requirements to deliver strong customer support in an efficient, effective and compliant manner. Strong business acumen and advanced critical thinking skills.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field. Master's Degree a plus
- 15 years related experience including 10+ years demonstrated experience managing and leading a business operations organization
- Experience working in a research, academic and/or intellectual capital organization
- Experience working in a multi-divisional decentralized organization strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of federal procurement and property management requirements processes (FAR)
- Experience working in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and a high degree of oversight and regulation
- Certification in procurement, property, logistics, or supply chain management offered by such organizations as ISM, NCMA or NAPM
What's on Offer
Comprehensive salary + great benefits