You are here
Sr. Applications Engineer
Metal, Applications, Customer Facing
Solid Work, Product Development
About Our Client
My client has been one of the leaders in its industry for the past 70 years. It's a world-wide supplier of structures and related mechanical products.
- Provide internal/external technical support related to standard products.
- Create internal and external documentation to provide Sales Team with Product Cross Reference to guide internal and external customers.
- Assist Product Manager with creating Product Application and Training Materials.
- Relay customer feedback to Product Manager related to Product Enhancement and Product development.
- Initial preparation and qualification of custom projects and new business opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing to provide support regarding quality related requests.
- Assist with the creation of Product Application Notes and Training Presentations and conduct Product Training as required.
- The engineer maintains communications with sales personnel, assists in activities to promote the products.
- Responsible with reading and interpreting project/product specifications.
- Assist with Product Design and Development and generate product drawings and specifications as required.
- Participate in new Product Design and Development Meetings and provide suggestions and new ideas.
- Assist leadership in driving continuous improvement activities.
- Work under the manager' direction regarding special projects and perform additional responsibilities within the department.
- Member of Engineering and Manufacturing Teams and New Product Development Committees.
The Successful Applicant
- Bs. Mechanical Engineering Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Product Application Engineering, Project Engineering and Technical Support Field experience.
- Experience with guyed structures is a plus.
- Electric utility industry background a plus.
- AutoCAD, Solidworks and/or other 2D/3D CAD Software experience or knowledge.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Detail Oriented, independent and a self-starter.
What's on Offer
Excellent Base + Bonus compensation and great benefits.