You are here
Sr. Applications Engineer
- Metal, Applications, Customer Facing
- Solid Work, Product Development
About Our Client
My client has been one of the leaders in its industry for the past 70 years. It's a world-wide supplier of structures and related mechanical products.
- Provide internal/external technical support related to standard products.
- Create internal and external documentation to provide Sales Team with Product Cross Reference to guide internal and external customers.
- Assist Product Manager with creating Product Application and Training Materials.
- Relay customer feedback to Product Manager related to Product Enhancement and Product development.
- Initial preparation and qualification of custom projects and new business opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing to provide support regarding quality related requests.
- Assist with the creation of Product Application Notes and Training Presentations and conduct Product Training as required.
- The engineer maintains communications with sales personnel, assists in activities to promote the products.
- Responsible with reading and interpreting project/product specifications.
- Assist with Product Design and Development and generate product drawings and specifications as required.
- Participate in new Product Design and Development Meetings and provide suggestions and new ideas.
- Assist leadership in driving continuous improvement activities.
- Work under the manager' direction regarding special projects and perform additional responsibilities within the department.
- Member of Engineering and Manufacturing Teams and New Product Development Committees.
The Successful Applicant
- Bs. Mechanical Engineering Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Product Application Engineering, Project Engineering and Technical Support Field experience.
- Experience with guyed structures is a plus.
- Electric utility industry background a plus.
- AutoCAD, Solidworks and/or other 2D/3D CAD Software experience or knowledge.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Detail Oriented, independent and a self-starter.
What's on Offer
Excellent Base + Bonus compensation and great benefits.