You are here
Sr Construction Project Manager
Top real estate developer with 50+ properties in Chicago
Manage multiple build out and tenant improvement project concurrently
About Our Client
Our client is a well established real estate firm that has been operating in the River North area for well over 40 years and has grown their portfolio to over 50 properties including office buildings, hotels, restaurants, and hotels. They focus on the development and rehabilitation of historic buildings while partnering with innovative tenants to help transform this area of the city.
The culture at this company is very family oriented, friendly and collaborative. They have a number of team members who wear quite a few hats in order to accomplish their goals and meet deadlines. Their office is a beautiful space located in the heart of the River North neighborhood where all of their projects are.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual or subcontractor responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget and tracking
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and OSHA safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review
The Successful Applicant
- A four-year Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of MEP building systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and OSHA safety standards is essential.
- Interpretation of blueprint skills
- Excellent knowledge of project management
What's on Offer
In addition to a very competitive compensation package, my client offers excellent benefits and bonus.
If you are motivated by more than money, this is a highly visible role that will have a lot of autonomy within these construction projects. This is truly an opportunity to run the construction arm of a stable and growing real estate firm!