You are here
Sr. Financial Accounting Analyst
Sr. Financial Accounting Analyst at a Global Beauty/Cosmetics Organization
One of the world's leading beauty companies with $10 billion in revenue
About Our Client
My client is a leading global beauty products manufacturer based in NYC, originally founded in Paris. My client has a wide range of products that include fragrances, cosmetics, and skin care/body care essentials. My client is known for its collaborations with some of the top designers and celebrities in the world to strengthen the presence of the brand.
- - Support and Monitor FP&A Finance teams during the close process which includes: coordinating submission and posting of journal entries, addressing accounting questions.
- - Review and analyze judgmental reserves and significant estimates (revenue recognition, sales returns and markdowns, excess and obsolete inventory, allowance for doubtful accounts, customer incentive allowances).
- - Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- - Coordinate the preparation of all Corporate Reporting requirements (Tax package, Quarterly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Analytics, GAAP Checklist and Reporting Package) to meet strict corporate reporting deadlines.
- - Sarbanes-Oxley internal control testing, documentation and compliance.
- - Perform monthly close of financials which includes: generate and review Financial Statements in compliance with GAAP, compare actual to the budget and investigate /explain variances, analyze key accounts, identify unusual transactions, verify adequacy of reserves and accruals, follow-up and review with management
- - Support the Budgeting & Forecasting process by developing departmental budget templates, models, assumptions and presentations.
The Successful Applicant
For the Sr. Financial Accounting Analyst at a Global Beauty/Cosmetics Organization, the candidate must have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting is required.
- 2-4 years' experience (public / private mix preferred)
- CPA certification preferred but not required.
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office. Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion is a plus.
What's on Offer
- Summer Fridays
- Ability to work from home based on performance
- Great Benefits Plan (401k, health, dental, vision, discounts off travel, 3 weeks vacation)
- Discounts off products
- Competitive salary package