You are here
Sr Financial Analyst - External Reporting/Technical Accounting
Major publishing company with a focus in the education space
Seeking Senior Financial Analyst with public accounting & external reporting exp
About Our Client
Major publishing company with a focus in the education space headquartered in NYC.
* Researches the issuance of recently issued accounting pronouncements (GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards and SEC Regulations) and supports the determination of impact to the company.
* Prepares new accounting polices where needed and updates current policies and procedures in accordance with new accounting literature and/or company practice; supports individual business units with various technical accounting matters and ensures compliance with accounting standards;
* Researches and provides direction on technical accounting issues as they arise, including revenue recognition, stock based compensation and lease accounting;
* Supports the finance organization on special projects and the accounting for transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and equity awards;
* Assists in the preparation & review of quarterly and annual financial statements, including footnotes, MD&A and related supporting documentation.
* Reviews external communications, including, but not limited to, earnings releases, prepared remarks and investor presentations.
* Supports the quarterly and annual external reviews and audit performed by the Company's independent accountants; coordinate the timing and the contents of all deliverables with individual business units;
* Computes the appropriate stock based compensation expense in accordance with ASC 718.
* Ensure that the Company has put in place and continues to have an effective internal control environment
The Successful Applicant
* 2-4 years' experience in corporate accounting & public accounting, including a thorough understanding of accounting standards generally accepted in the United States.
* Thorough understanding of SEC reporting requirements.
* Proficiency in financial analysis.
* Ability to exercise independent direction and judgment.
* High degree of problem solving ability and critical thinking.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with senior management.
* Progress toward Certification as a Public Accountant is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of Oracle, TM1, and Workiva WebFilings a plus
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience