You are here
Sr. Key Account Manager - General Motors
Leading Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier
OEM GM Account Manager to Replace Retiree
About Our Client
The Sr. Key Account Manager - GM (General Motors) opportunity with a major global Automotive Tier 1 supplier. This organization has multiple locations globally and in high growth mode.
The Key Account Manager - GM (General Motors) will be based in the Greater Detroit area and be in charge of current account management and key growth development within the Ford account. This person will be in charge of the overall growth strategy, and keeping regular communication and contact with key members at the customer to manage all commercial issues. The Key Account Manager will also consult with the application team in the identification and closure of commercial issues with the objective of increasing market share, optimizing profitability, and maintaining the positive perception of the company.
- Develop and implement strategies for the assigned account to ensure maximum revenue and profitability.
- Develop and maintain relationships at multiple levels in the customer base to position the company as a strategic partner to the customer.
- Maintain a high level of awareness in regards to industry trends and competitive activity within the territory.
- Drive sales growth through maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies.
- Effectively communicate with all other automotive team members to promote the business needs of the territory to foster growth.
- Serve as the main customer contact
- Timely quotation of new business by internally driving the quote process.
- Prepare pricing proposals, review them with customers and address any concerns.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct customer presentations, coordinate customer visits to the plant and attend and lead commercial customer meetings.
- Develop a customer strategy that identifies new opportunities, positions our company to win new business, and exercises leadership in the execution of the strategy
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical OR Electrical), Business, or related
- 5-10 years of automotive OEM sales experience specifically with GM preferred
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal, and ability to lead a team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills and outside the box thinker
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally and to influence without direct authority
- Willing and able to travel as required
What's on Offer
Strong base salary, bonus, company car, credit card, computer, phone, home based office, 401K match, excellent benefits
Automotive, OEM, sales, business, development, account, manager, management, GM, general motors, engineering, tier, supplier