You are here
Sr. Manager Intellectual Property
- International Proffessional Organization
- Seeking Sr. Intellectual Property Manager Temp- Perm Role
About Our Client
A global organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and contributing to the development of strong international economies. Comprised of more than 175 members and associates in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions, representing almost 3 million accountants in public practice, education, government service, industry, and commerce.
- Building and maintaining relationships between a range of external parties, especially those related to adoption and implementation of international standards and those related to promoting and protecting intellectual property.
- Managing all matters pertaining to protecting intellectual property with specific focus on compliance with policies, member organization relationships, and commercial / sub licensing arrangements.
- Managing the process of permissions requests submitted by parties interested in translating or reproducing publications, ensuring that all pertinent information has been provided.
- Facilitating translation or reproduction permission requests as appropriate by responding to inquiries, monitoring progress and compliance with policies and agreement terms, providing relevant files, etc.
- Preparing (or reviewing, analyzing and/or interpreting) contracts and agreements, including: permissions to translate or reproduce publications, waiver agreements, commercial use(s), copyright assignments, and the like, and liaising with legal counsel as needed.
- Ensuring, by way of limited review, compliance with copyright and logo requirements in completed translated publications and/or reproductions, and ensuring proper version control of submitted publications.
- With regard to commercial reproduction projects:
- Liaising with the Finance department regarding invoicing and other financial aspects, tracking receipts, and following up with licensees as appropriate
- Maintaining appropriate records of commercial licensing activity and preparing financial information / forecasts for royalties and other revenue
- Overseeing the work of the Associate, Intellectual Property in relation to the facilitation of translations and, in addition:
- evaluating the principal translator proposed by the translating body, the proposed membership of the review committee, and the sufficiency of the capacity for the planned translation
- monitoring liaison between the principal translator and/or translators and the review committee
- responding to technical / translation inquiries received from the principal translator
- moniotirng overall progress and the timely preparation of periodic status reports
- monitoring compliance with policies
- In the case of a translation funded or for which company has sought funding, engaging a translation service and managing, monitoring, and evaluating the service rendered; and, as appropriate, assisting other departments to source translation service
- With the assistance of the Associate, Intellectual Property, engaging with translating bodies and other relevant stakeholders, as appropriate, for the establishment or maintenance of multi-jurisdiction translation projects
- Assisting other departments with intellectual property arrangements in relation to publications developed by staff, committees, or the independent standard-setting boards, including publications developed jointly with member organizations or other third parties
- Assisting the Communications department with international copyright and trademark registration
- Maintaining and enhancing routines and processes to support translation and reproduction projects
- Maintaining and enhancing timely reference materials / resources, e.g., Frequently Asked Questions documents, permission request / translation proposal forms, etc.
- Liaising with other departments, member organizations, stakeholders, and relevant third parties, as appropriate, on matters such as translation or reproduction processes and projects
- Communicating to relevant stakeholders on translations and permissions matters through presentations or other relevant communication vehicles such as News and eNews
- Assisting the Director, Strategy and Development in providing input to the strategy, the preparation of budgets and analysis of budget-to-actual results, and development and implementation of a work plan for the Intellectual Property department
- Managing and developing relevant staff, and monitoring the quality and timeliness of work performed
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
A relevant Bachelor's degree; and at least five years of relevant work experience preferably related to permissions, rights and licensing
- Specialist knowledge of intellectual property matters and related legal processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Responsive and service oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Strong contract drafting skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Fluency in written and spoken English is critical - knowledge of another language is highly desirable
- Strong computer literacy
- Ability to work with many cultures and staff at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills, with flexibility especially important
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work to internally and externally imposed deadlines
- Proven attention to quality and detail
- Team player
- Self-starter, able to work without supervision and able to respond quickly to issues
What's on Offer
competative hourly rate based on experiance.