You are here
Sr. Manufacturing Manager
USD120,000 - USD135,000
Lead multi-site manufacturing process
Defense / Aerospace Experience Preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturing organization based in Fairfield County, CT.
- Leads the manufacturing supervision and Manufacturing Engineering Group for both the Danbury and Bridgeport facilities.
- Capable of resolving complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
- Manages the development, and monitors execution, of manufacturing schedules, ensures robust program execution.
- Develops budgets and manages activities to accomplish financial objectives
- Develops and recommends short- and long-range objectives, consistent with organization guidelines
- Coordinates manufacturing operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
- Ensures operations conform to the organization's policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
- Establishes, monitors, and ensures customer satisfaction
- Adheres to and advocates a Zero-Defect culture in all areas of Manufacturing.
- Establishes and sustains robust manufacturing engineering processes to support operational execution and continuous improvement.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling
- Coordinates team member recruitment and selection, career development, and performance assessment
- Drives continuous improvement through deployment of best practices, such as Lean Six Sigma
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Engineering, Management or related field, or equivalent
- Proficient technical expertise with demonstrated application
- LEAN and/or SIX SIGMA proficiency, experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with standards (ISO, AS, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Capable of traveling between the two DRS Facilities located in Danbury, CT and Bridgeport, CT
- This position requires the ability to obtain and retain a security clearance within a time period to be established by the Company.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits offered