You are here
Sr. Optical Coating Engineer
Work for a global organization covering 85% of their market
Great work life balance, 401K, competitive salary, and extremely stable
About Our Client
Work for a global organization covering 85% of their market. Great work life balance, 401K, competitive salary, and extremely stable company.
You are responsible for oversight of equipment usage and hands-on work on preventative maintenance, repairs and improvements to coating machinery. You'll provide guidance to management staff and operators by ensuring the business meets continuity, testing and financial estimates. You work to guarantee that a customer's requests can be produced and also might assist in training employees
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Optical, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical - Master's or Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years Precision Optical Coating Design and Production.
- Vacuum deposition processes for optical applications, vacuum chamber operation, solid background in optical coating technologies.
- Thin film optical design and analysis ability.
- Process development, characterization to produce robust manufacturability.
- Program management to align activities with program timing requirements.
- Candidate must be hands on, self-motivated, and willing to work as a team member.
What's on Offer
Successful candidates will have a significant contribution in new process development and industrialization. Working directly with coating technicians as well as department engineers using state of the art vacuum deposition equipment, you will help oversee current production processes and take an active role in developing future processes. Candidates will also assist in trouble shooting equipment problems.