You are here
Sr. Project Accountant - Construction
Client named one of top 400 general contractors in the U.S.
Previous experience working with general contractor required
About Our Client
Become part of a family-owned company with over 100 years of industry experience. Still operated by family members, our client provides the resources of a large general contractor with the culture of a small shop. Their focus lies within commercial construction, however, with the years they have branched out and now cover a broad portfolio of exciting projects.
They take a lot of pride in people a "people business", and make it a point to provide ample growth opportunities for all of their employees, both for those in the office and those on the field. They enjoy a very low turnover among their staff and a steady pipeline of projects which keeps everyone busy and challenged.
The Project Accountant will be primarily involved with performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Review, analyze, and communicate project financial data that reflects actual financial performance against established budgets.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, management and others regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to billing.
- Create and oversee timely processing of owner contracts.
- Report to the Project Manager on the cost status of the General Conditions as well as overall project costs as they relate to budgeted amounts and their impact on project profitability.
- Work with project managers in obtaining necessary information to generate timely monthly cost reports.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing.
- Work with Project Managers to develop and prepare monthly owner draws and related schedules of values.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve department processes and procedures and participate in monthly project review meetings, looking for ways to increase client satisfaction, improve efficiency and improve profitability.
- Gather appropriate information from a variety of resources that contributes to planning, proposal preparation, responses to customers, budgeting, and other related activities.
- Input, track, and reconcile all job cost related payable.
- Review and input all subcontractor pay applications and their related schedules of values.
- Process payments to trades and subs in a timely manner and ensure that everyone complies with requisition due dates established by the schedule or contract documents.
- Process monthly owner invoices and lien waivers.
- Process monthly billing and any adjustments into Timberline.
- Verify receipt of General Liability and Builder's Risk Certifications for each project in conjunction with the project team and Risk Management.
- Maintain thorough and organized project accounting files, to include related lien releases.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of project accounting experience with a construction general contractor.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Technically savvy (Microsoft office and construction accounting software)
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary packages
- Excellent benefits
- Work with the best in the business
- Several offices in Chicago, work out of the one most suitable for you