You are here
Sr. Purchasing Manager
Manage a dynamic team of purchasing professionals
Exciting Opportunity to lead a premium beverage brand in LA
About Our Client
With locations all across the Los Angeles and Orange County area, our client is looking to rapidly expand their business. With premium juice products made from nutrient dense produce, each sip offers nourshing, satisfying fruit taste that works to improve your overall day-to-day health.
- Prove source Cost of Goods sold vs cost to manufacture on the daily and weekly based upon the company's developed recipe cost
- Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
- Work with QA Director to ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
- Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support Production while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Strategically develop and implement supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Lead the department within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions including supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
- Lead product development commodity strategies in line with company initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
- Drives usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers.
- Manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
- Provide commodity support to New Program Teams as required to meet target costs and establish program cost models.
- Manages materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
- Communicate up when generated production reports do not match up with said costs.
- Reports to VP of Operations.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the food and beverage manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization.
- 2 -4 years most recent experience related to beverage ideally.
- Good understanding of packaging components and associated commodities. Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or equivalent business experience.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to grow with a fast-paced premium beverage company that is looking to expand across Los Angeles & Orange County.
- Excellent base salary with bonus structure.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K plan.