You are here
Sr. Research Chemist
Chemistry, Aggricultural Coatings, Post Harvest
About Our Client
DECCO US Post-Harvest, Inc. is the postharvest Division of United Phosphorus Limited (UPL) and a specialist in the treatment of fresh fruit and vegetables. We are proud to be pioneers in technological innovations, and proud of our heritage as a global industry leader.
DECCO postharvest solutions include products for coating, cleaning, sanitation, fungicides and growth regulation.
- To anticipate and propose raw material and products rationalization for the above described product ranges.
- Improve existing raw materials/other products for significant cost/performance improvements
- Leads programs for the development, analysis, testing and characterization of substances including raw materials and components to verify and/or improve the composition and quality of manufactured products responding to market needs and specifications and as directed by UPL Decco.
- Provide technical expertise to QC Department. Review the quality data: corrective measure. Reviews research, testing, and quality control data, identify problem formulas and/or manufacturing procedures and other operational reports to ensure that quality standards, efficiency, and schedules are met - makes recommendations
- Formula and Batch Preparation.
- Product Testing and Preliminary Analysis.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Help in managing raw materials and product validation file.
- Help in managing Raw Material.
- Coordinates research and analysis activities according to applicable standards, manufacturing processes, or other considerations, and approves or implements the modification of formulas, standards, specifications, and processes.
- Interprets results of laboratory activities to laboratory personnel, management, and other departments as required.
- Advises management, technical personnel, and colleagues of activities.
- Carries out technical and supervisory activities in a collaborative fashion.
- Generates reports and technical papers as required.
- Assists in obtaining patents for products or processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related field or equivalent (such as Material Sciences, Natural Sciences, Paint Chemist) or combination of education and experience.
- English language proficiency.
- The candidate must have extensive experience in coatings and or cleaners formulations
- Verbal and written communication skills through management level.
- Experience with water in oil emulsions.
- Experience with resins and polymers
- Familiar with Saponification/ emulsification Chemical Processes
- Strong supervisory, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
Excellent Base + Bonus and great benefits.