You are here
Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager - IT Category
High impact role with international manufacturing company
Boston Metro West location
About Our Client
The company is a global firm focused on manufacturing and production with a strong emphasis on medical device products; design, manufacturing, and distribution.
The Sr. Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing, executing and maintaining strategies for Information Technology categories and subcategories. This individual will report to the Head of Procurement.
Principal duties include:
- Development of strategic sourcing initiatives through the introduction of a competitive marketplace, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process re-engineering
- Management of competitive bid processes including RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's
- Negotiation of various types of IT Vendor agreements
- Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract "red-lining" (editing).
- Thorough reporting and analyses of sourcing activities at the group and functional levels.
- Leverage technology for the benefit of internal clients; recommending process improvements where applicable
- Lead and drive the identification, planning and management of a pipeline of strategic sourcing projects
- Market research and bench-marking of suppliers and related service categories
- Think and act globally to lead and collaborate effectively on a cross-functional basis
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years of IT procurement experience
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience in vendor evaluations and action planning
- Self-starter, team player, effective leader and keen on working in cross-cultural working environment.
- Sourcing experience with Oracle or SAP preferred
**Apply today for immediate consideration for this position.
What's on Offer
- $110,000 - $130,000 base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Excellent benefits
- High impact role
- Opportunity for growth
- Well-establish company