You are here
Staff Accountant Lead
New York based (midtown Manhattan) Staff Accountant in consumer goods
New York, Manhattan,Staff Accountant,CPG,consumer goods
About Our Client
New York based (midtown Manhattan) family-owned wholesale consumer Products Company, offers one of the nation's most comprehensive portfolios of products. With operations in Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. With the crucial collaboration of these partners. This impressive roster of brands, accounts and relationships positions my client as a major supplier in the CPG marketplace.
Beautiful office that was newly renovated with large windows and new common spaces for meetings and a multitude of social events that take place weekly for employees.
- Preparation of monthly accrual, recurring journal entries (Prepaid, Depreciation, Accrual)
- Bank Reconciliation
- Concur (T&E expenses) review/audit
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets schedule
- Maintenance of Corporate taxes and Excise taxes schedules
- Sales taxes filing on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis
- Business Units re-class journal entries (advanced excel is required for this task)
- Yearly Financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss) preparation in QuickBooks
- Dropship invoicing
The Successful Applicant
As the midtown Manhattan staff accountant you will be responsible for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Quickbooks preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems (Elite, Cognos) and T&E (Concur) is preferred
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
- Basic Accounting knowledge is required
What's on Offer
For the staff accountant role located in midtown Manhattan, will offer competitive benefits with 401K and company matching, health benefits, and performance based bonus, stock options at a discounted rate.