You are here
Staff Accountant - Property
Well Established Property Company based in Baltimore, MD
Work directly with the Controller and CFO
About Our Client
The Staff Accountant - Property will work for a Property Company in Baltimore, MD and enjoy the opportunity to grow their career in a business that has expanded not just across Maryland but North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Washington DC too.
- Responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of all general ledger activity for properties in the assigned portfolio. Demonstrate strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Prepare monthly accrual based work paper packages, including variance explanations.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for outside organizations such as lenders, banks and investors.
- Assist in cash management, analysis of cash requirements, monitoring of daily cash positions.
- Work on multiple monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review accounts payable and accounts receivable reports. Post accounts payable.
- Prepare and maintain year-end work papers for annual audits.
- Support on site personnel in various aspects of financial analysis. Assist in training of new and existing junior staff and interns.
- Analyze activity in capital expenditure accounts. Record assets and depreciation in fixed asset database.
- Complete ad hoc financial projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience (property accounting experience preferred).
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple high priority projects.
- Strong work ethic focused on meeting deadlines.
What's on Offer
The Staff Accountant - Property will enjoy a competitive Base Salary, Bonus Structure, 401K plan, health insurance and chance to learn new accounting skills. If you are interested in the Staff Accountant - Property position, Please apply below.