You are here
- Entertainment Company looking to add on a Staff Accountant!
- Media/Entertainment experience REQUIRED!
About Our Client
Industry leader within the Entertainment space is looking to add on a Staff Accountant to a growing Accounting Department.
As the Staff Accountant reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible:
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for all company cash accounts and maintain detailed outstanding check listings
- Prepare journal entries for month-end expense accruals for invoices not received from vendors by the end of the month
- Maintain detailed schedule of accrued expenses to ensure expenses are recognized in the correct periods
- Work with employees throughout the company to stay updated on dates of major events in order to identify monthly prepaid and accrued expenses
- Update prepaid expense schedule for all new prepaids identified and determine proper expense recognition over the identified term
- Reconcile accrued expenses and prepaids to the general ledger on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Ensure all company security deposits are classified correctly and follow up with external vendors for security deposits due back to the company
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis
The Successful Applicant
As the Staff Accountant, your background will consist of:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3-5 year's work experience as a staff accountant or intern in a corporate finance department, ideally one with monthly closing deadlines
- CPA license or candidate for licensure
- Experience with preparing expense accruals and account reconciliations associated with month end closing deadlines
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- A positive and open-minded attitude with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
What's on Offer
Industry leading compensation package!