You are here
- Very progressive staff accountant required for start up food company
- Head office is based in Culver City requires top tier staff accountant
About Our Client
Our client is a very well respected food retail chain and ideally wants talented accounting professionals from a similar industry. They are in a stage of rapid expansion and have been invested in heavily over the last 6 months.
This is a very rare opportunity for a staff accountant to join a growing business that is inevitably going to require more managers and directors in the near future. They have a stable growth plan and only want to consider the very best applicants.
If you are a driven accounting professional with an interest in healthy eating and lifestyle this could be the opportunity for you. You must also be able to easily commute to Culver City.
The following duties outline the requirements for the staff accountant but we are looking for individuals that think outside of the box and are willing to get heavily involved in process improvement and streamlining. This role is based in Culver City.
As a minimum you must be confident with the following:
- Analyze weekly cost of goods sold (COGS) and check COGS invoices entered by stores
- Work with store managers to obtain and validate information such as inventory discrepancies or counting errors and invoice issues
- Perform sales to cash reconciliations and weekly bank reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and support month-end close process
- Prepare account reconciliations and variance analyses
- Track and manage accounting for leases
- Assist with various tasks as delegated such as preparation of schedules and support for our annual audit, data collection and analysis, process improvements, and accounting-related software implementation
The Successful Applicant
We are looking to speak with good graduates with some good exposure to accounting in a start up environment. You must be able to demonstrate a successful career history and the desire to fast track your career. Any exposure to the food retail/restaurant industry would be very appealing.
You will be able to match the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience
- Retail/restaurant industry experience is a plus, though not required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel functions
- Ability to pick up on computer programs quickly
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Has a fun, positive attitude
What's on Offer
Starting salary of circa $75,000 plus stock options and benefits.