You are here
Staff Accountant- Great Growth Potential
Rapidly growing hospitality group
About Our Client
Growing hospitality company with great growth potential
* Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
* Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
* Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
* Assist in reconciling open account status items.
* Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
* File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
* Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
* Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely basis.
* Process all approved invoices for payment, ensure all appropriate signatures and back-up attached.
* Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all discounts are taken.
* Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
* Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
* Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the Controller.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
* Accounting and Hotel experience preferred.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to compile facts and figures.
* Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
What's on Offer
competitive salary plus benefits