You are here
A chance to work for an innovative, award-winning company.
An opportunity to work for an easy-going, yet fast growing company.
About Our Client
Our client in Los Angeles, CA is an award-winning beauty company at the forefront of the industries biggest brands.
A successful applicant will be able to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the accurate record-keeping of each monthly closing binder.
- Assist in the timely, accurate closing of the Company's accounting systems and records.
- Analyze and maintain the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of revenue and cost
- Maintain accounting books and prepare monthly journal entries, with supporting documentation and appropriate descriptions for each closing period.
- Prepare and review all monthly accruals for accuracy and record the applicable journal entries.
- Analyze all balance sheet accounts and prepare detailed support schedules, monthly account reconciliations and analyses.
- Prepare daily cash position report, daily bank account reconciliations and resolve variances.
- Prepare a detailed reconciliation between the GL and all subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconcile and settle inter-company balances, Due To/From Affiliates.
- Reconcile accrued expenses, accrued marketing fees, accrued sales commissions, and deferred royalties, accrued payroll, payroll liabilities and accrued vacation pay.
- Assist with preparation of information required for annual audited finances.
- Assist with preparation of information required to file quarterly sales tax, annual business taxes, business property taxes and annual income taxes
- Perform other projects as determined by the Controller.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate for this Staff Accountant position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from a university is required, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, applicable general ledger and financial statement preparation experience
- ERP savvy with recent experience working with Sage 100/MAS 90 required, QuickBooks preferred
- Strong report writing skills necessary
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and general quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented and strives for continuous improvement
- Works well independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and work simultaneously on several projects under strict time-lines
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors
- Customer Focus: Solicit and apply feedback from internal and external customers; Understand customer's current and future expectations; Respond promptly to customer needs.
Equipment Use & Abilities Required:
- Equipment Use: Copy machines, fax machines, calculators and typewriters, personal computers and computer terminals.
- Computer Skills: Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written, at all levels internally and externally.
- Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of basic mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to evaluate, select and implement the appropriate action to address each situation including those wherein the outcome is uncertain. Ability to achieve a favorable outcome while providing value to the customer. Processes and assimilates information both strategically and tactically.
What's on Offer
$55,000 to $75,000