You are here
NYC Tech company in need of Staff Accountant
Looking for a driven individual
About Our Client
A growing tech company in NYC that is emerging in the booming tech market. An internet based company that focuses on data driven results.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements.
- Posts general entries, prepares account analysis and performance balance sheet reviews.
- Supports the preparation of monthly and annual consolidated financial statements.
- Ensures compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Reviews financial information; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares quarterly payroll tax returns.
- Assists with customer audits for cost-plus contracts; gathers all related purchase orders, invoice and freight cost information.
- Participate in arising ad hoc projects.
- Preparation of year end audit work papers & schedules & participation in audit process
- Prepare bank reconciliations and oversee the accurate posting of all cash receipts by the Accounts Receivable department
- Participate in treasury management by uploading cash disbursement files for positive pay reconciliation
- Review of accounts payable check disbursements for accuracy
- Participate in internal control review and assist in implementing changes when required.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual budget and projection process with management.
- Full "controllership" responsibilities for assigned P&L's.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
- At least 1-3 years of experience, preferably both public accounting and private industry experience.
- Accounting, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong general ledger experience, inclusive of posting general journal entries.
- Familiarity with preparation and analysis of Financial Statements.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a dynamic, multi-company environment with revenues of at least $200 million.
- Ethical Conduct.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Great Company Benefits
- Work From Home Once a Month
- Unlimited Vacation