You are here
About Our Client
Well established Organization located in Downtown Manhattan.
- Conducts monthly budget review in order to effectively manage the financial activities of each grant to assure that all activities fall within funder and agency guidelines.
- Meets with program staff on a monthly basis to review and explain the financial health of the program.
- Prepares budget analysis and projections for cost-based grants and coordinates with program in meeting objectives for performance-based grants. Ensures that budget module is up to date and accurate.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports for submission to funding sources.
- Prepares budget proposals, modification and renewal budgets.
- Establishes audit schedule and coordinates funder audit. Prepares plan for corrective action, as needed.
- Maintain complete and accurate grant files.
- Process requests for advances on new contracts.
- Reconcile receivables and income earned from public and private sources.
- Prepare and process salary and otps allocation changes.
- Train program staff on proper coding of expenditures and ensure proper coding of expenses.
- Reconcile and close grants on a timely basis.
- Prepare cash flow projection of service income.
- Prepare cost analysis and projection for development fund raising activities.
- Responsible for timely transfer of expenditures between funds, cost allocations and other schedules.
- Attend professional trainings, including funder trainings in order to be informed of any changes in funders' requirements.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance is a must
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot table, Vlookup) is a must
- 0-1 years of accounting experience, preferably working in the not for profit environment
What's on Offer
This is an entry level temp-perm opportunity, located in Downtown Manhattan.