You are here
Professional services firm seeking a Staff Accountant in Midtown
3-5 years of GL experience is REQUIRED
About Our Client
Our client is a professional services firm that specializes in consulting the non-profit industry in the greater New York City area. This firm provides strategic consulting and development services.
- Full responsibility of month end close, including but not limited to posting payroll, accounts receivable, general accruals, bank reconciliation and recording month end entries.
- Responsible for General Ledger and Sub-Ledger reconciliation
- Maintains and updates work papers for all balance sheet accounts, substantiating all journal entries with supporting documentation
- Responsible for using accounting principles to ensure accuracy and completeness of all financial statements assigned
- Responsible for writing up Financial Notes and/or narratives to explain month end findings.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret company's financial position
- Maintains and monitors internal controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries and/or any third party reports.
- Collect's appropriate data needed to prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Prepares quarterly and year end payroll reconciliation
- Responsible for addressing Audit requests, both from internal and state auditors
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 3-5 years working as a general ledger accountant
- CPA or public experience is a plus
- Financial reporting experience is required
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience