You are here
Staff Accountant needed for growing construction and development firm
Balance sheet, income statement and quickbooks experience needed
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a growing development and construction firm specialising in industrial properties who are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team in Dallas, TX.
The Staff Accountant will be a leading member of the finance team and will be responsible for all internal finances for the firms growing industrial real estate construction operations.
Reporting into the owner and the Financial Controller the Staff Accountant will be the lead accountant for all accounts payable and receivable entities. Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Full ownership of the general Ledger process including journal entries, bank reconciliations and draw requests
- Prepare supporting schedules as requested by auditors
- Assist in ensuring month-end closes and bank reconciliations are completed promptly and accurately
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables that have been outstanding for unusually long periods of time as directed.
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Post cash receipts, accounts receivable receipts, and accounts receivable invoices
- Assist with annual audit by gathering required information as directed
- Process Accounts Payable paperwork at completion of the check run
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have some string Staff accounting work experience and have worked within a real estate construction firm historically. Alongside this you must posses:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business with an accounting focus or equivalent experience
- Internship(s) up to a few years of professional general accounting experience
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships and work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Must be experienced in Quickbooks and Excel.
- Constriction real estate knowledge
- Prepaid and Accrual experience
What's on Offer
In return my client are offering a fantastic packages that includes competitive base salary, bonus and additional benefits.