You are here
Key new accounting role in a growing US office
Global manufacturer of consumer durables - SAP background preferred
About Our Client
As a global manufacturer of consumer durable goods, our client is looking to expand its operations into the United States as they are a major player in markets worldwide.
The firm is looking to expand their reputation as a household brand into the US by providing quality products that set the standard in their industry.
Through strategic growth and partnerships, our client is looking to claim their last frontier starting with their first American office planted in the Chicagoland area.
- Assist finance department including all aspects of financial planning
- Ensure accurate and timely bookkeeping and general ledger reconciliation
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting
- Ensure accounting records are maintained in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and the Company's accounting policies
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts
- Prepare regular payment reports to ensure that creditors are paid within due terms
- Prepare and maintain adequate documentation of key controls and daily accounting, as well as monthly closing activities
- Inter-company reconciliation process on a monthly basis
- Inventory management and accounting, reconciliation of inventory held in warehouses to company books and records
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA designation highly preferred
- High working knowledge of SAP required
- Experience with GAAP principals and prior knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Strong knowledge of mechanics of financial statement preparation (P&L, balance sheet & cash flows)
- Prior work experience in a start up a plus
- Good understanding of strong business practices
- Ability to develop strong market knowledge
- Collaborative and works easily with others
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- Driven to succeed
- Able to pick up internal processes quickly
What's on Offer
The opportunity to help a growing office and team set the stage for the company's US expansion! $65,000 to $75,000 with great benefits.