You are here
Staff Accountant with advanced excel
Staff Accountant for growing company
About Our Client
Foundation at the University of Virginia.
* Timely complete monthly close process including posting journal entries and preparing account reconciliations. Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met including monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
* Responsible for program-level revenue and expense recognition. Records all entries related to Executive Education revenues and receipt of payment from customers. Posting of program revenue/deferred revenue.
* Maintains the accounts receivable subledger, including aging detail, for Executive Education receivables. Reviews aged trial balance monthly to ensure Executive Education management is collecting outstanding receivables promptly, and alerts the team to any large outstanding receivables.
* Reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis, including prepaid expenses, deferred revenue, and all other Executive Education balance sheet accounts.
* Prepare and send customer invoices to clients after programs are complete.
* Accurately file and maintain financial records after processing and ensure ease of retrieval.
* Responsible for reviewing the coding of invoices to ensure expenses are captured in the correct category.
* Assists with the budget and forecasting process, including information gathering, report formatting and production, responding to management and customer inquiries, review and final dissemination of the annual budget, and importing the approved budget in the accounting system by month.
* Assists with the audit preparation and fieldwork support.
* Assists with other general accounting tasks to support the Finance department.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in not-for-profit accounting
* Ability to handle all accounting activities using standard accounting principles.
* Detailed and practical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for 501c3 exempt not-for-profit organizations strongly preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision Serenic Navigator accounting system and Jet Reports is a plus
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Strong analytic and reporting skills with the ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in written form.
What's on Offer