You are here
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Commodities & Ingredients
Rapidly Growing Privately Held Food Manufacturing Company
Excellent Career Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing privately held food manufacturing company
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the procurement of commodities and ingredients to include such things as nuts, dried fruit, packaging, etc. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible to identify and source the best products in the world.
- Define procurement strategies based on business requirements.
- Analyze spend, our position in the marketplace and other factors to prioritize work.
- Interpret, forecast and report on market conditions and trends.
- Develop product specifications.
- Identify new vendors. Perform vendor visits domestically and internationally.
- Evaluate and select growers and suppliers.
- Negotiate price, delivery and terms and conditions of purchased items.
- Drive strategic cost management (Lean / Continuous Improvement Programs / Should-cost Models).
- Manage risk and liability.
- Regularly assess and manage relationships with vendors to ensure continued alignment to the Company's needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience with at least four years in a senior strategic procurement and material sourcing role with significant responsibility. Commodity experience is a must have. Food experience is highly desirable.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze how economic trends in the agricultural commodities market will impact the Company's business requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Problem solver with a strategic mindset
- Expert negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, economic research and data interpretation skills
- International experience
- Excellent attention to detail
What's on Offer
- $110,000 - $140,000
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays