You are here
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Ingredients & Commodities
Global manufacturer of specialty food products.
Excellent career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturer of specialty food products.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible to drive global procurement initiatives within North America for Ingredients & commodities to include cocoa, chocolate, coffee, sugar, dairy, nuts, oils, etc. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be a key member of the procurement team and will manage supplier relationships and performance. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop processes and procedures to drive strategic sourcing within the raw material ingredients category.
- Create and implement category management methodologies.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance to ensure quality and compliance standards are met.
- Drive strategic sourcing process, develop sourcing strategies and lead cross-functional teams.
- Utilize market and trend analysis to deliver strategy and optimize market conditions.
- Drive innovation and best practices within assigned categories and commodities.
- Develop and implement contract negotiation strategies as well as execute contracts.
- Support procurement specialist to implement strategies and manage daily requirements.
- Support Global Initiatives within North America.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business or related field
- 5-10 years of strategic sourcing / procurement experience preferably with ingredients such as cocoa, chocolate, coffee, sugar, dairy, nuts, oils, etc.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in food ingredients sourcing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence senior management and stakeholders.
- Proven negotiating, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficiency with ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
What's on Offer
- $85,000 - $110,000
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid time off and company holidays