You are here
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Marketing
High visibility role
Fully own the Marketing spend category
About Our Client
This is a business focused on empowerment, growth, and working as a team. The firm has its roots in Europe with is global HQ there but with a US HQ based in the Greater Boston Metro area (Waltham, MA). The firm has seen double digit growth YoY for the trailing 4 yrs and 2017 is looking to be their highest performance to date.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Marketing will work with various domestic and international business units to assist with the strategic sourcing of marketing-related services, products, and technology. The ideal candidate has strong strategic sourcing/procurement experience, has great interpersonal skills as well as experience in sourcing marketing categories specifically. The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Marketing must be a self-starter, able to work independently and capable of and excited to define and expand their role.
- Develop and implement category sourcing plans/strategies across marketing categories including but not limited to: media planning and buying, marketing print, creative, social, digital advertising, marketing technology, data/analytics, promotional items, publicity and events, market research, etc.
- Develop and manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Information (RFIs) for marketing categories including the collection of business requirements, management of vendor communications, review, analysis, and summarization of vendor responses, internal stakeholder meetings, savings calculations, etc.
- Negotiate and draft enterprise-wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk and provide optimal terms and conditions.
- Assess and report cost savings, cost avoidance, process improvements, added value, enhanced quality, resource optimization, etc.
- Review marketing spend profile to identify future sourcing opportunities
- Coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements gathering with other business units as required.
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to identify process improvements, efficiencies, new technologies, and approaches to marketing strategies.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing-related sourcing.
- Strategic Sourcing expertise in: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing/reviewing spend analysis, developing sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, contract negotiation, contract management, supplier bench-marking, contract compliance.
- Experience in negotiating domestic and international service agreements.
- Experience in drafting large marketing and/or outsourcing agreement
- Undergraduate Degree (Required)
- Business/Finance/Marketing related degree (Preferred)
- CPM/CPSM/FCCM or other similar certification (Preferred)
What's on Offer
High exposure role to both the Director the VP level
Company culture focused on growth
Work life balance.
MP and its client at an EEO employer.