You are here
Strategic Sourcing Manager, MRO
Strategic Sourcing experience within the MRO
Outstanding knowledge of product and global supplier base
About Our Client
Our client is a global medical technology leader with more than 30 years in the medical device industry.
- Responsible implementing global indirect sourcing strategies for MRO categories based on the direction of the Senior Director
- Creates and drives collaboration with internal stakeholders for various business units as well as external vendors to optimize value on indirect spend
- Utilizes spend data to determine opportunities and priorities to leverage volumes across all business units and implement global contracts where appropriate.
- Assists in the identification and selection of suppliers to meet the needs identified across the company by competitive bidding, conducting value analysis, industry structure evaluations, and understanding total costs.
- Represents and positions the company favorably with suppliers and acts as an advocate for interests relative to suppliers' actions and policies.
- Continuously re-evaluates contracts to ensure the company is obtaining the best price, product and services.
- Supports efforts to build and maintain supplier partnerships and relationships, resolve issues, conflicts and cultural differences, and implement B2B solutions as needed.
- Provides advisory services to other departments and divisions in the purchase of indirect goods where procurement does not own the category, such as contracting and negotiation strategies.
- Manages strategic account relationships with senior management of supplier organizations.
- Collaborates with internal departments such as Risk Management, Finance, Operations, Logistics etc. in order to ensure the best interests of the company are met.
- Utilizes guidelines and tools for indirect strategic sourcing to procure indirect goods and services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in such fields as business administration, supply chain, Logistics or related field
- 5-10 years of directly related and progressively responsible Strategic Sourcing experience within the MRO, Operations & Distribution Equipment and Fleet categories.
- Outstanding knowledge of product and global supplier base, product relationships and industry trends
- Working knowledge of purchasing, supply chain management and/or inventory management principles and methodologies
- Exceptional contract management and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of cultural differences and business practices globally
- Ability to deal with confrontational issues in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with internal stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills and contract optimization skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to apply the appropriate tools and level of analysis to specific situations
What's on Offer
This opportunity will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. Our client is dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and an outstanding health and retirement benefits package.
- Competitive package
- High visibility role
- Work life balance culture