You are here
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Raw Materials & Finished Goods
Rapid Growing Privately Helf Food Manufacturing Company
Excellent Career Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing privately held food manufacturing company.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the procurement of raw materials & finished goods to include candy, sugar, etc. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible to identify and source the best products in the world.
- Define procurement strategies based on business requirements.
- Analyze spend, our position in the marketplace and other factors to prioritize work.
- Interpret, forecast and report on market conditions and trends.
- Develop product specifications.
- Identify new vendors. Perform vendor visits domestically and internationally.
- Evaluate and select growers and suppliers.
- Negotiate price, delivery and terms and conditions of purchased items.
- Drive strategic cost management (Lean / Continuous Improvement Programs / Should-cost Models).
- Manage risk and liability.
- Regularly assess and manage relationships with vendors to ensure continued alignment to the Company's needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience with at least four years in a senior strategic procurement, raw material and finished goods sourcing role with significant responsibility. Food experience is highly desirable.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze how economic trends that will impact the Company's business requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Problem solver with a strategic mindset
- Expert negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, economic research and data interpretation skills
- International experience
- Excellent attention to detail
What's on Offer
- $110,000 - $140,000
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays