You are here
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Focus on strategic sourcing process leading technical services spend
This role DOES NOT manage staff
About Our Client
The business is focused on providing technical services in construction, engineering, commercial real estate, and others. The company has a great reputation and is well known in its industry. Total spend in the company is > $1Bil US. This role would own a portion of that as it continues the transition from operational procurement to a multi step strategic sourcing model.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing of capital products and services across business lines, interfacing with internal customers in order to understand their requirements for products and services.
- Build and maintain Supplier relationships with the objective of reducing costs, eliminating inefficiencies throughout the Strategic Sourcing Cycle and promoting innovation in business cycle
- Developing Request for Proposals (RFP), evaluate, analyse and assess results, document recommendations and communicate results to internal clients and suppliers with the objective of creating strategic business opportunities and savings for the organization.
- Responsible for proving strategic sourcing support for "Special Projects" as they come up.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative supplier analysis
- Performing contract completion, contract management, and supplier management for products and services.
- Exercising ethical business practices and being familiar with legal requirements
- Utilizing your legal and risk management knowledge to obtain executive signatures and avoid contractual and/or commitment issues
- Generating revenue through productivity initiatives, rebates and contract signing bonuses
- Advocate issues between suppliers, and internal clients
- Reviewing specifications and Capital Expense Requests to understand internal client needs, budgetary requirements and savings opportunities meeting project deliverables and timelines
- Ensuring that suppliers and service providers comply with all Service Level Agreements and regulatory requirements for the products / services that they provide
- Contributing to the development of business system initiatives and enhancements
- Other Projects or duties as assigned by leadership.
The Successful Applicant
Targeting a Strategic Sourcing Manager that would have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree with a business concentration preferred
- 3-5 years Strategic Sourcing Experience
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Strong planning, organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service, client support, and business service consulting skills.
- Experience with an E-Sourcing Tool, Oracle iProcurement, MS Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and any other web base communication tools.
- Prior experience in a similar Purchasing or Procurement position an asset
- Candidates must possess excellent English written and oral skills, including grammar and composition.
- Confident and comfortable recommending solutions and implement changes
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and has the ability to independently and work well with others.
What's on Offer
On site cafeteria and gym