You are here
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Indirect Procurement
Experience managing sourcing cycle for an Indirect spend category is required
Location: Boston, MA - Accessible by the T
About Our Client
Our client is looking to add to their Procurement Department by seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist that will be responsible for all activities related to the assigned Indirect spend category. This role will have high visibility within the group and this individual will have the opportunity to add value to the organization and be part of the candidate pool for higher level Leadership roles in the near future.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will work as part of the Purchasing Department and will be responsible for the administration of all Purchasing activities related to the assigned Indirect category. This role will negotiate and manage key supplier contracts.
- Develops and leads competitive sourcing strategies and events in close coordination with Department Directors.
- Negotiates and manages contracts with suppliers.
- Holds accountability for the efficient procurement of goods and services through the use of competitive bidding, negotiation, and consortia agreements.
- Develops and Executes comprehensive sourcing plans to ensure best value from suppliers is achieved.
- Identify new suppliers and maintain existing supplier relationships.
- Manage RFP process through preparation, analysis, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures that the best value, mitigated financial risk and fiscal diligence are achieved for all projects and purchases assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience in a Procurement/Sourcing role
- Must have experience managing Indirect spend. Experience with IT Software, Hardware and Services categories is a plus
- Extensive contract negotiation experience
- Skilled at producing cost savings as a result of thorough cost analysis
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
Interviews are taking place in the following weeks. Apply today to be considered!
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.