You are here
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Indirect Spend
Opportunity for a Sourcing/Procurement professional at a brand name company
Indirect category spend experience is required
About Our Client
Our client is a Forbes Global 2000 company. They are industry leaders in wireless communication with operations in 12+ countries across the globe.
The Senior Sourcing Specialist will report to the Sourcing Manager and will support all activities related to the strategic sourcing of quality materials and services at lowest total cost. The incumbent will be a significant contributor in this spend category and will at times collaborate with the Company's corporate and international operations.
The responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Leads the sourcing process for assigned spend categories
- Assists the Sourcing Manager with the development of the overall sourcing strategy
- Successfully manages multiple projects through cross-functional collaboration and a disciplined approach to project management that enables consistent implementation
- Analyzes large data sets effectively to identify process improvement solutions, formulate recommendations, and influence decisions
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the supply base and best practice sourcing strategies
- Successfully applies a detailed acumen of current market trends to impact negotiations and strives for fair market pricing
- Develops negotiation strategies and leads contract negotiations with suppliers
- Ensures that organizational goals, including budget, savings, and supplier performance measures, are met
- Communicates with vendors regarding all new purchase orders; establishes lead times and order delivery status.
- Utilizes Enterprise Resource Management systems to monitor purchasing process and eventual order acceptance
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of category and /or general indirect procurement experience
- Exposure to contract fundamentals and RFx process
- Proven negotiation and vendor management skills
- Strong analytical skills
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.