You are here
Superintendent - K-12/ Education
- Established General Contractor in Houston
- Looking for a Superintendent or Asst Superintendent with K-12 Experience
About Our Client
Established General Contractor in Houston is on the hunt for Superintendents with a background in K-12 OR Higher Education projects within the past 5 years.
The Ground Up Education Construction Superintendent will own and manage all aspects of projects to include client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion. As the Ground Up Commercial Construction Superintendent, you will collaborate with the Superintendent to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked. Select Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with Superintendent to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
- The Ground Up Superintendent will have a Project Coordinator supporting with the project
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Construction Superintendent will have the following:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in construction management [preferred]
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Construction Superintendent
What's on Offer
Offering base salary between $80,000 to $130,000 depending on experience and project size.