You are here
Superintendent with multifamily experience needed for general contractors
Well established general contractor hiring for multifamily Superintendent
About Our Client
My client is a well known general contractor who has been around for 40 years. They have offices and projects across California, with their headquarters in San Diego. They concentrate their general contracting expertise on four specific areas: restoration-remodel, interior development, new construction and multi-family and medical. Their dollar value of projects range from 300k to 50m, with annual gross sales approximately 125m.
The multifamily Superintendent in San Diego will be responsible for:
- Establish and develop professional relationships with on-site staff, providing leadership to them
- Develop a thorough understanding of drawings and specifications
- Identify constructability issues, design deficiencies, code violations and any other issues
- Manage the project schedule and meeting or exceeding the deadlines.
- Managing subcontractors on the jobs site
- Scheduling inspections with the local jurisdictions
- Develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked
- Develop, maintain, update, and communicate schedule in order to meet established milestones
- Manage jobsite organization, deliveries, lay down areas, staging, and traffic flow
- Maintain and manage safety standards, including cleanliness standard
- Develop cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with subcontractors
- Project delivery including a high level of quality in materials and labor at each scope level.
The Successful Applicant
The Superintendent MUST have experience with ground up multifamily projects. The Superintendent must feel comfortable with large multifamily project. The Superintendent must be local to San Diego or willing to commute to San Diego for the project.
What's on Offer
The multifamily Superintendent will receive the following compensation package:
- Very generous base salary
- Bonus per year
- Gas mileage
- Car allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Health care