You are here
Supply Chain Director
Lead in a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products
Excellent base salary and bonus structure in a competitive, top-tier company
About Our Client
Our client is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for energy, aerospace and defense markets. We employ over 10,000 people across manufacturing facilities in North America, Asia and Europe, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
- Develop, implement and report on inventory reduction strategies.
- Manages and reports on KPI metrics for working capital and inventory control.
- Defines and manages the commodity strategies and sourcing decisions, while ensuring the successful management and enhancement of the business's supply chain.
- Develops and implements procurement strategy plan; identifies potential cost savings and oversees budget, while ensuring compliance with government laws and regulations (domestic/international).
- Reduces overall supply risk though contingency planning and understanding of supplier capabilities, disaster preparedness, and financial health.
- Develops and improves overall supplier and supply base capabilities.
- Tracks, forecasts, and manages changing global markets and geo-political environments.
- Identifies needs and potential suppliers, solicits bids and review bids then selects suppliers.
- Negotiates and awards contracts, approves payments to suppliers while maintaining vendor relationships.
- Supports continuous improvement activities across the entire supply chain including development and implementation of appropriate measures of performance.
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs.
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
The Successful Applicant
Solid knowledge of supply chain and procurement best practices (e.g.,Kanban, point of use supplier delivery, quick-turn manufacturing supply chain, vendor and inventory management optimization) and experience in managing a broad range of commodities in a global sourcing environment.
- Experience selecting, managing, coaching and developing a team of direct reports.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills to manage multi-disciplined teams, drive consensus, and coordinate implementation of complex enterprise-wide projects, in a timely and effective manner
- Past success managing in a matrix organization and collaborating with functional stakeholders including Engineering, Quality, Finance, Program Management, Operations, Manufacturing, Order Fulfillment, and Human Resources.
- Ability to develop, manage, and execute procurement strategies that drive financial and operational performance across sub-functions of Supply Chain.
- In-depth understanding of contracts, compliance and government laws (domestic/international) relating to procurement functions.
- Capable of directing the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems, while applying advanced analytical thought and judgment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools.
What's on Offer
- Excellent base salary and bonus structure
- 401K plan after 1 year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance packages
- Opportunity to lead and grow within a global manufacturing company