You are here
Supply Chain Manager
Grow with a fast-paced, top-tier food & beverage company in Los Angeles!
Excellent base salary, benefits and location
About Our Client
The brand new Supply Chain Manager role will be responsible for assisting the COO and Plant Manager in the continuation to scale the manufacturing capabilities of the company. The role offers an exciting chance for a worthy candidate to operate a top-tier supply chain function at a national level.
- Manage inventory levels of raw materials to both avoid disruptions to production as well as minimize the excess inventory on site.
- Identify new primary and/or secondary suppliers of critical raw materials that meet/exceed quality specs.
- Build robust forecasting model by leveraging historical sales data and input from the sales and marketing team on distribution gains/losses.
- Plan production to ensure timely fulfillment of orders, strong inventory management, and optimal production runs.
- Act as project manager for new product development process.
- Work with co-packing facilities to manage production orders, delivery of raw materials (if applicable), and coordination of deliveries.
- Drive cost out of the supply chain through vendor selection, vendor negotiations, and identification of substitute materials.
- Work with plant manager to optimize plant capacity and plan for future capacity expansions.
- Research, recommend, and implement improvements and changes to materials management systems (i.e. Kanban, Vendor managed inventory, etc.)
- Create supplier performance management system to track and provide feedback on supplier issues.
- Determine KPIs for Supply Chain function and report on a monthly basis with performance improvement plan.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3-5 years of supply chain management experience in Food/Bev, preferably 5+
- Experience scaling a manufacturing company's supply chain to achieve $50MM+ in revenue
- Successful track-record of contract negotiations and sourcing
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in analytical major
- Excellent analytical skills as well as ability to work well with other departments
- Strong Excel skills
- Bonus points for experience implementing best-in-class supply chain principles
What's on Offer
- Excellent base salary with implemented bonus structure
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding national food & beverage company!