You are here
Supply Chain Planner - Semiconductor Manufacturing
Exciting opportunity with international semiconductor manufacturing company
Boston Metro North location
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader in the semiconductor manufacturing space serving a variety of industries including aerospace, defense, industrial, automotive, computer, communications, etc.
The Supply Chain Planner will lead the overall planning and scheduling of materials, being responsible for both supply and demand planning for a designated portfolio of products. In addition, this individual will analyze patterns to determine production schedules and inventory strategies.
Duties for this role include:
- Planning and managing customer forecasts for product portfolio
- Planning and managing inventory levels of critical parts / products to provide excellent customer service while minimizing working capital costs and obsolescence
- Responding to inquiries from customer service or sales with regard to supply status
- Managing relationships with select suppliers to eliminate constraints and meet objectives
- Managing the movement of product into and out of obsolete/aged inventory category
- Analyzing, creating, editing, tracking and receiving purchase orders for select suppliers / vendors
- Monitoring and driving improvement to customer service goals including on-time delivery, product lead-times, and request-for-quote responsiveness
- Developing monthly and quarterly inventory targets and managing procurement to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis and to achieve desired inventory turn targets
- Supporting product development initiatives by ensuring all materials are available to fulfill launch requirements
- Acting as principle interface between Product Line Marketing and Manufacturing and responsibility for product forecasts
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or Marketing. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' work experience, preferably in supply chain /manufacturing. Experience in semiconductor or high tech industry is a plus.
- Analytical and good communications skills
- Planning systems experience including SAP, Promis, MS Office, and Enterprise systems is preferred
Apply today for immediate consideration!
What's on Offer
- $75,000 - $85,000 base salary
- Excellent benefits package
- High visibility role with ownership of product portfolio
- Opportunity for career advancement with well-established company