You are here
Supply Chain Planner
Leading global Biosciences and Medical Device Company
Excellent career opportunity for future growth
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global Biosciences and Medical Device Company
The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for all demand, supply, inventory, and SC project planning activities related to their respective product/customer portfolio. The Supply Chain Planner works closely with Customer Operations to ensure that customer requirements for product and information are met on a timely basis. The Supply Chain Planner will coordinate all demand planning activities directly with the customer and establish a robust supply and production planning process with suppliers and/or manufacturing facilities. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Develop and own product master data as related to planning activities (SCM and SAP)
- Responsible for requirements accuracy generated by SCM/SAP.
- Ensure coordination of regional supply chain activities with worldwide supply chain processes
- Monitor and manage supply chain costs as related to portfolio (inventory, freight, warehousing, etc.)
- Represent Supply Chain on regional and global project teams
- Identify and implement supply chain process enhancement/efficiency opportunities
- Lead joint planning activities with identified customers by developing and maintaining an integrated/collaborative demand and supply planning process
- Respond to demand and supply changes in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate delivery plans with customer and address gaps between demand and supply
- Work with customer on new product development activities as related to supply chain planning.
- Establish appropriate safety stock levels to be maintained by you and/or the customer
- Manage inventory levels to optimize investment along with on time in full performance
- Support Make to Stock and Make to Order strategy in place
- Develop joint supply chain metrics to measure and monitor SC performance
- Identify areas for continuous improvement within the integrated supply chain
- Develop monthly production and supply planning processes
- Monitor production and supply-related performance metrics
- Understand and monitor raw materials planning process
- Manage equipment utilization and surge capacity as needed
- Assist in the establishment of best practices for both company and the customer in processes directly affecting supply chain interactions
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in General Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in a Supply Chain function that includes demand, supply and inventory planning.
- Key experience would include working within a customer-facing and vendor-facing supply chain model.
- Demonstrated success interfacing with customers and vendors
- Ability to work with all functions in a team environment either as a team participant or team leader.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and team-building skills
- Excellent Supply Chain planning capabilities including exposure to global planning and initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of ERP platforms, specifically SAP ECC
- Some travel will be required (15 to 25%)
What's on Offer
- $85,000 - $100,000 annual base salary dependent upon experience
- Performance bonus
- Medical, dental, vision