You are here
Supply Chain Planner
Global Medical Device and Supplies Company
Excellent Career Opportunity for a rapidly growing company
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Medical Device and Supplies Company
The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for the accurate analysis, forecast and maintenance of product inventory to satisfy sales and demand. The Supply Chain Planner will analyze, coordinate and implement an efficient inventory management system for the US and Canada. The Supply Chain Planner will plan, analyze sales forecasts, coordinate production and shipments from manufacturing locations, analyze and coordinate purchases from outside local US vendors. This individual works closely with sales management during new product introduction and related inventory control matters. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible to follow requirements of Quality System; including but not limited to requirements for traceability of product, recognizing customer complaints and the requirement to forward information to QA.
- Possess the ability to conduct multiple assessment process to analyze complex issues and present to senior management.
- Analyze sales forecasts to maintain the purchase plan.
- Participate and/or lead in monthly Sales and Operations Planning Process.
- Develop a purchase plan for all products and initiate purchases of products from manufacturing sites and inventory items purchased from local vendors.
- Monitor receipt of inventory from manufacturing sites, communicate discrepancies and resolve problems.
- Communicate and lead discussions with sales management on any production issues, promotional activity, stock availability and forecasts.
- Interact with Customer Administration on stock availability for Domestic and Export.
- Act as a liaison between shipping/receiving and all functional areas related to any inventory issues.
- Review open order/backorder report, slow moving report and short expiring reports with senior leaders and take necessary action to increase inventory turnover and reduce inventory write-off.
- Monitor sample request. Reviews sample report and release orders.
- Provide direction, guidance, and leadership to the cross functional teams related to service, inventories, demand and supply planning, transportation and distribution issues. Also review procedures and policies established by Corporate office and assure appropriate communications to all affected associates.
- Participate on new product launch teams, providing input and raising concerns on scheduling and resource allocation.
- Participate in project performance team meetings on behalf of the job unit in order to provide ideas, methods of processes for unit/company performance improvement.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain Planning.
- Must have prior experience managing inventories.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with all functions and levels within the organization.
- Must be analytical in thought and able to problem solve complex tasks.
- Strong Excel skills are desired.
- JD Edwards experience in an MRP environment is a plus.
- SAP a plus
What's on Offer
- $70,000 - $90,000
- Target Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation & Holidays