You are here
USD60,000 - USD80,000
- New Opportunity!!
- Growing Company!
About Our Client
My Client and it's subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute a diversified portfolio of high-quality, branded shelf-stable foods across the Globe.
- Plan and manage production quantities of select brands/items based on analysis of reports, trends and forecasts while working to achieve company goals.
- Negotiate with suppliers finished goods pricing, payment terms, production timing and acceptable inventory levels.
- Manage inventory levels held at co-packers to maintain ideal quantities while minimizing storage costs and product aging.
- Identify cost savings projects, determine feasibility and cost savings potential. Present projects for approval and manage their implementation.
- Support marketing's new product initiatives by sourcing products from existing suppliers or identifying new suppliers. Determine best suppliers to produce product based on product quality, costs, co-packer's qualifications and manufacturing standards.
- Work on cross functional teams including Marketing/QC/Regulatory personnel to bring all aspects of product launches to fruition with the consideration of product specifications, packaging requirements and labeling regulations.
- Responsible for compiling monthly reports, summarizing purchase price variances, new product performance, inventory forecasts and inventory variance to prior year.
- Meet with co-manufacturing partners and potential suppliers to develop good working relationship and identify opportunities for efficiencies and savings moving forward.
- Visit supplier's manufacturing facilities to better understand the manufacturing process. Be on site to approve first production or trials runs for new item launches.
- Identify and qualify backup suppliers for all product lines.
- Coordinate with co-packers on pack promotions such as IRCs and neck hangers.
- Authorize payment of supplier invoices ensuring accuracy of all critical information.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well on cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and math aptitude.
- Must be able to multitask and re-prioritize workload frequently.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Computer skills (PC-Excel/Word & Mainframe).
- College Degree in business or related field
- 5-8 Years of experience in purchasing
What's on Offer
Paid time off