You are here
USD65,000 - USD75,000
Privately Held Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company
Excellent career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held fast moving consumer goods company
The supply planner will be responsible for the following:
- Establish purchase plan determining quantity, requested ship date and ship-to location. This includes product launches and transitions to minimize inventory and service exposure.
- Review/analyze the DRP Buy Plan on a weekly basis and create purchase orders as needed. Send PO's to domestic and import suppliers.
- Expedite, defer, or cancel Purchase Orders based upon weekly forecast changes as well as monthly review.
- Communicate priorities for our factory schedules to China Purchasing team.
- Communicate daily with China office on PO and factory issues.
- Work closely with Demand Planner(s) on forecasted sales to ensure accurate inventory plans.
- Review forecast updates and question areas of concern.
- Establish and maintain safety stock levels using ABC analysis criteria.
- Create Work Orders for production and order additional materials as required.
- Prepare customer Fill Rate Report on a weekly basis and lead team discussion on fill rates.
- Request expedited freight to meet deadlines. Prepare margin analysis and obtain approvals from management.
- Identify and track excess inventory to sell off slow moving inventory.
- Prepare Inventory Management reports as requested (i.e., slow moving Inventory (ABC/DEF Lists) for the Sales team).
- Communicate to Sales/Customer Service for their programs or individual item schedules.
- Communicate with the Marketing team on any product updates/changes.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics or related field
- 3+ years supply planning experience, preferably in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods environment.
- Detailed working knowledge of MRP/DRP and inventory management systems.
- Ability to use ERP systems as well as Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Apprise ERP system a plus.
- Consumer goods products background a plus, as well as working with major US retailers preferably Walmart.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed working knowledge of Retail Link and GRS a plus.
- APICS member and/or CPIM Certification a plus.
What's on Offer
- $65,000 - $75,000
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation and Holidays